- Everything does not get divided equally among the two parties
- Assets that are acquired during the course of a marriage are considered to be marital assets
- If you receive a gift or inheritance during the marriage, it will not qualify for Equitable Distribution
- A home, personal property, investments, and savings accounts will split these between the parties during a divorce
- Pensions, 401k plans, and retirement benefits entitles you to a percentage of these assets, depending on how long you were married, and how long you were involved in the investment
- The division of assets can typically be worked through between the two parties rather easily
Out of Town Resources
These Statesboro Divorce Lawyers have done a great job creating educational content. If you need help with a divorce claim in Statesboro, we recommend you take a look at their website.