Assisting Buffalo Residents with Child Support Issues
Experienced Buffalo Child Support Attorney Randy H. Gugino knows that child support cases can involve complicated and contentious issues. At our law firm, we establish close relationships with our clients to better understand their situation and offer effective solutions to their unique circumstances. Our clients best interests are always at the forefront of everything we do, and we take great pride in assisting Buffalo residents with child support and family law related matters for over 30 years.
Understanding Child Support
Child Support is a court-ordered payment made by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent in order to help with the financial responsibility of raising a child.
According to New York law, the types of payments that fall under child support include:
- Cash payments determined by the parent’s income and the needs of the child.
- Health insurance for the child.
- Child care payments.
- Payments for reasonable medical expenses not covered by health insurance.
Whether you are the custodial or non-custodial parent, Buffalo Child Support Attorney Randy H. Gugino can help you determine the fair amount of child support to ensure your children are properly provided for.
How do Courts Determine the Amount of Child Support a Custodial Parent Receives?
When calculating how much child support the non-custodial parent must pay in New York, the court looks at how many children there are and the combined parental income.
The court also considers several additional factors, including:
- The age of the child or children.
- The physical and emotional health and needs of the child or children.
- The financial resources and earnings of each parent.
- The tax consequences for each party.
- Any non-monetary contributions each parent can and/or will make to the upbringing of the child or children.
- The educational needs of each parent.
- Whether one parent earns substantially more than the other.
For more information on calculating child support in Buffalo, contact experienced Buffalo Child Support Attorney Randy H. Gugino for dedicated representation.
Dedicated Child Support Attorney in Buffalo, New York
If you need assistance with a child support matter, Attorney Gugino will work with you to address your legal needs and help you secure the best possible outcome. To schedule a free, no obligation, initial consultation with Buffalo Child Support Attorney Randy Gugino, contact us by phone at (716) 833-8455. Let our experience work for you.