Can I Move out of State before My Baby is Born?

Download Our Free Divorce Guide

I’ve had the issue come up in the past where a young woman wants to move out of the State of New York. She’s expecting a child, and wants to do so before the child is born. Technically speaking, there aren’t any restrictions on her doing so. What I caution her though is with respect to what she’s leaving behind.

If the father’s not going to be on the birth certificate, you then have to file for a paternity proceeding, as well as file for child support.  These things are very costly. Unless there is some real important reason why the individual wants to leave the state, I would generally recommend against that.

Do you have questions about moving out of state with children? Contact experienced Buffalo Divorce Lawyer Randy Gugino for guidance

This educational video was brought to you by Randy Gugino, experienced Buffalo Divorce Lawyer.

Download Our Free Divorce Guide